Rental Rules & Regulations
1. The renter shall hold harmless the Seward County Agricultural Society (SCAS) and staff from all liability for injury or death or loss of or damage to any person or property that occurs during, or as a result of, the use of the facilities by the renter, and shall indemnify the SCAS for all expenses it may incur as a result of claims or demands by anyone resulting from the use of the facility by the renter.
2. Renter agrees to general liability insurance for the scheduled event with limits of no less than $500,000.00 per occurrence and $5,000.00 medical payment per occurrence under the existing commercial general liability, home owners, or farm owners’ coverage of renter naming the SCAS as an “Additional Insured” under such policy of insurance. Proof of coverage must be provided prior to signing of rental contract. Coverage must be validated 10 days prior to event date. Your agent can fax liability binder to 402-643-6005 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. All renters acknowledge that the SCAS property is in a flood plain. Thereby, the renter shall hold harmless the SCAS from all liability, or loss of or damage to any property that occurs while renter has use of the facility. Furthermore, the SCAS will be the final word on cancellation due to flooding and/or high water.
4. All rentals with more than 75 guests/participants will require a licensed liquor vendor. Events with less than 75 guests do not require a Liquor Vendor to disperse alcohol, however, all stipulations in the following conditions (#5) are to be followed in the same manner.
5. Renters that have obtained permission by the SCAS to consume alcohol on the premises (regardless of a licensed liquor vendor or not) must cease consumption at 12:30 a.m. No alcohol may be consumed outside the building during the event and the renters or their licensed liquor vendor shall be responsible for monitoring all alcohol consumption. All open containers of alcohol must be disposed of by 1:00 a.m. Renter shall pay charges for special security if such is deemed necessary by the SCAS. If more than 50% of guests at an event are under the age of 21 and alcohol is being served, the Renter must provide their own security for the day of the event.
6. Renters by signing of this contract give their permission/consent to the entry at any time by law enforcement officials or SCAS representatives.
7. All renters must vacate the premises by 1:30 a.m.
8. The renter hereby agrees to pay for any and all damage, breakage, or theft that occurs as a result of negligence to misuse of the premises buy the renter and/or their guests. DO NOT SIT ON TABLES. If any table and/or chairs are broken at your event, you will be charged accordingly.
9. No refunds of rental fee is cancellation is 60 days or less prior to rental date.
10. Building keys will be dispersed at 8:00 a.m. on the morning of the event date unless exceptions have been made prior to the event. No supplies may be brought in early.
11. Renter is responsible for setting up and taking down all tables and chairs at the end of their event. Soiled tables and chairs must be wiped clean. Every table and chair rack has directions of how they are to be loaded. Please follow these so they fit correctly and don’t cause damage to them.
12. All decorations must be approved by the SCAS staff. No items may be hung from the ceilings or walls.
13. NO tape, except for blue painters tape, or Command type strips may be used on any surface (table, wall, door, chair, etc.) Any painters tape that is used will need to be removed at the end of your rental.
14. NO stickers or labels of any type may be used on any surface.
15. NO glitter or confetti may be used on the premises.
16. All renters and their guests must vacate the premises by 1:30 a.m.
17. Renters shall remove all personal items at the end of the night unless prior arrangements have been made with the SCAS staff.
18. Renters are required to put all garbage in the dumpsters and make sure kitchen areas are wiped clean as posted on kitchen walls. All boxes must be broken down flat before placing them in the dumpsters.
Most events will have a SCAS Building Host to oversee the building. They may help with cleanup but renters must be prepared to have someone take out trash during and after the event.
Ag Pavilion is a 1¼ story 22,000 square foot open span building located at the front of the Seward County Fairgrounds. The building is heated and air-conditioned with separate controls for each side of the main floor, which seats up to 700 people with dividing curtains for smaller groups.